Thursday, May 28, 2009

Asked To Quiet Down; Spoke Louder

When opening a site full of six word essays, I was ready to skim through them and just randomly choose one that ‘spoke’ to me. These short sentences were memoirs, but I had no idea what the story behind it was. I was about to close the site down and go look at some pictures when I read a statement by Wendy Lee: Asked to quiet down; spoke louder.

This piece really spoke to me because I could empathize with the author. At home, I am constantly told to quiet down; I am actually quite loud at home. However this makes me even more frustrated because I feel as though no one is listening tome and isn’t even interested in listening to me. In my frustration, I speak up louder and louder.

These six words show my some of my personality: stubborn, but perhaps to the extent that I am selfish. I am stubborn as I resist anyone who tries to tell me what to do, and I do exactly the opposite. But perhaps the reasons behind it also imply that I am selfish. I want people to listen to my ideas and to what I am saying even though they may be busy or not interested.

In 5 days, I become a high school student, and this short memoir, even though it was only six words long, made me reflect on my behavior during middle school both at home and at school. I am very different when at home and when I am at school. Although I may not have many problems at school, I think that I should enter high school with a better behavior, especially at home than now. I should learn to be a little less stubborn, which hopefully ill not make me as selfish as now. :)



So stubborn it makes me selfish :)

No comments:

Post a Comment