Thursday, April 2, 2009

To Accomplish Great Things, We Must Dream As Well As Act


The quote, 'To accomplish great things, we must dream as well as act', (Anatole France) captures my personality. This quote shows that our actions are what accomplishes things, but those actions come from our dreams.

This quote represents my personality as I have a dream that I wish to act upon. It may seem like a vague dream to others, but for me, it seems like a very do-able dream. It is a dream that may shape the rest of my life, and help others along the way too, as the dream is to become a doctor. This dream could change to direction of the path my life is going, and help change the direction of other's lives, or the direction of my future patients.

I also plan for the near future, such as projects. Although completing an assignment may not be a 'great thing', this quote still shows my habits as I usually try to 'see' the finished product before I start, which helps me complete a 'great project'.

The quote, 'To accomplish great things, we must dream as well as act' shows my personality as my dreams are usually what brings on my actions. Also, although it is my dreams that are causing my actions, my actions are are still pretty much straightforward, as is shown by the picture, which depicts my dreams by starry sky, but the straightforward actions by the town.
(Picture: The Starry Night - Vincent van Gogh)

1 comment:

  1. Julia, your posting shows reflection and I believe is true to your personality:) For your next posting, work on avoiding repetition as a form of conclusion. Instead, present new information to your readers to leave them thinking.

    ReplyDelete